The Shoalhaven BUG is organising a four day bike ride of the Murray to the Mountains Rail Trails between 13th and 17th October, 2014.
Accommodation is being organised at the Arden’s Caravan Park and is as cheap as $25 pp/pn. I would suggest you get in early if you want to take advantage of this cheap rate. This rate would be for a shared four person cabin. Typically there is a Queen sized bed and double bunks in these cabins so two couples would draw straws for the queen sized bed. Other unshared cabins are available at a dearer rate.
Accomodation Details: Ardern’s Caravan Park, Wattle Grove. Myrtleford 3737 Victoria. Following the Great Alpine Road from Ovens and prior to reaching the Myrtleford CBD, you turn left into Willow Grove. Willow Groveis is on your left, just past the Butter Facory. You can email the caravan park at; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday 13 October – Travel to Murtleford and explore the ‘old world charm’ of this historic alpine town.
- Tuesday 14 October – Ride from Myrtleford to Beechworth via the Northern Victoria Rail Trail. Explore historic Beechworth and the surrounding ‘Kelly country’. A motor vehicle is available to riders who only want to peddle one way!
- Wednesday 15 October – Ride from Myrtleford to Bright and return. Explore the old world charm of Bright and its surrounds. Great food, outstanding coffee and a warm and generous community! Bright is the number one regional tourist detination.
- Thursday 16 October – Myrtleford to Milawa and return. This easy 30 km ride takes you to some of the best Victorian wineries. Enjoy great wine, fabulous chesses and wonderful company.
- Friday 17 October – Return to the Shoalhaven or continue to explore the wonderful Victorian Alpine region.
?Interested parties should contact Les Cornish ASAP. Once numbers are established a meeting will be called of all interested parties to work out the finer details. The meeting will be held in late September or early October, 2014.
For more in formation on the Murray to the Mountains Raill Trail see; http://www.railtrails.org.au/trail-descriptions/victoria/northern-victoria?view=trail&id=50